Sunday, April 6, 2014

Glenn and Raph rocked IM 70.3 Texas!

Some great results from TX today!

I have a lot of work to do to be up to par with Glenn this year. He kicked off his season at IM703Texas in Galveston today, and crushed it with a 4:14:40, 2'11 on the bike and 1'27 on the run...Blazing fast! That's a new PR for him, and a great start to 2014.
Raph shed 15 min off his previous PR, finishing in 4:37. What a great start of the season for him, and a huge boost of confidence before his IM Brazil in May and IM Canada in July.
That's exciting to see that my training buddies are doing great already. It gives me more reason to stay focus and give it all I'll have at IM 70.3 Eagleman, IM Zurich, and IM 70.3 Worlds in Mt Tremblant.

Back to training...

It was a tough weekend, especially today. 3.5 hours on the saddle in chill temperatures (37F average), followed by a 45 min brick run, going against the wind for a good 15-20 minutes. It was mentally challenging, and physically I felt limited as I did not do a good job with my nutrition on the bike. Though I carried around 950 calories, I only took in about 600 calories in 48 oz of liquids. That's not enough for a 3.5-hour ride (my intake should have been around 1,000). You don't necessarily realize it on the bike, but it hits you on the run.

Next week is rest week, and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment