Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 3/3: Great 3-hour ride to wrap up the weekend

Incredible ride this morning despite the wind. I left earlier, around 6:20am, to avoid traffic and it paid off. I got 3 hours in with barely any traffic and found the perfect road for tempo interval workouts!

I rode up to the GW Bridge and through the Palisades Park. After the Ranger Station Climb that averages 9-12% for about 1 mile, I continued towards Piermont and Nyack to start my interval sets. 
On the way back I decided to go onto route 340 (Southbound), and about 1.5 miles later we were forced to make a detour, which turned out to be awesome! I got on a road called Knickerbockers Road and what a delight for interval training! I rode it until I reached Englewood. The road is in much better conditions (less potholes) than 9W, and traffic is much lighter than 9W. It is fairly flat with some false flat, which makes it a perfect one to do long interval sessions.I highly recommend it to all NYC area cyclists!

Great ride and great weekend overall. I totaled around 140 miles on the bike in 3 days, which should help me be ready for Lititz training camp next week. 

Now onto some Post-training fun with the Mets - Braves game at the Citi Field ballpark with Mariesa, and dinner date at Landmarc in Tribeca! Yummy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment