Thursday, March 27, 2014

Undeniably the toughest bike workout I've done thus far!

What a tough workout!

I thought the 10x3' at 105% of FTP I did a month ago was a rough one...that was before tonight's training on the trainer.
After a 30 min warm-up, I had a 6x5' at 106-108% of FTP with 2'30 rest in between. I started really struggling after the second one, but kept up in the 3rd one. The 4th one was absolute torture. I had no juice left in the legs, and I could feel the lactic acid building up in my legs. The 5th one was beyond hard. My head started to hurt, and my body completely crumbled. I powered through the 5th one and somehow was able to stay within the power threshold.
The 6th one was one too many. I collapsed, almost throwing up and wondering what I was doing. I took 3 breaks in the 5' interval, but I needed them. I managed to finish it, way below my power threshold, only 102% of my FTP.

legs are shattered, but it feels good to push that hard. It will pay off, I'm sure...I hope!

Happy training all!

No comments:

Post a Comment