Sunday, December 29, 2013

Flying back to NYC with lots of presents and 16 miles ran

It's that time when you realize that you will be in the office tomorrow at 8am...after an hour swim of course!

Unwrapping Xmas presents is always fun!
I had a great time down in Austin and come back to NY with lots of great memories. Santa spoiled me this year with gifts ranging from undershirts and shot glasses to running gear and a gift card that I can use with Killington Ski Resort in Vermont! Santa Mariesa knows me well and knows how much I love to ski! Being born in the heart of the French Alps and having skied since I was 3, it is always hard to see that I won't be able to ski as much as I'd love to again this year. So thank you Mariesa!


On a training note, I wrapped up this first week back into my running with a 45-min - 5+ miles around the Lady Bird Lake with Don. I felt good and Don certainly pushed up the pace a little bit. I just could restrain myself and had to keep up with him.
Newton Running had a stand at Duke's locker shop in Downtown where they organized a "test drive" of their products. Of course, we're talking running shoes here! I can only say good things about their products and even convinced Don to try them on. I think he liked them! Let's see if he ends up buying a pair.

In total I ran 17 miles this week at an average pace of 10:45min/mile. Let's see where January will take me. Training will be in full swing starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment