Thursday, July 24, 2014

Race Week - Arrived in Zurich

This is happening!



I just arrived in Zurich and I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach. the excitement is kicking in now. The first impressions are awesome.

The city
The city looks amazing. It has this specific swiss charm of a city established at the border of Lake Zurich, with the Swiss Alps for backdrop. To top it all off, the weather is nice, sunny, and warm, maybe a bit too warm for my liking with about 33 Celsius (91F)at around 4pm today. I'd certainly prefer to race in 55F weather, but you can't control it. Seeing the Ironman flag flapping in the wind right next to the Swiss flag was pretty cool too. It shows how big the event is to the city. The water is incredibly clear, and the water temperature was around 22C (71F), which should make for a wetsuit IM swim. I'm almost excited to swim.


The race site
The transition area is being set up. Volunteers and Ironman employees are being helped by massive fork lifts to set up the transition and race site. fences, and the Ironman store are being worked on. This is crazy. I signed up for this race on July 29th of last year, and thinking that I will be lining up on the beach of Lake Zurich on Sunday at 6:50am is surreal. 





No comments:

Post a Comment