Friday, July 25, 2014

Mariesa made it to Zurich! Ironman weekend officially begins

A year ago today, I had my first date with her in the lower east side. We were supposed to get Tapas in that tiny restaurant called “Bar Jamon,” but she decided otherwise when she walked in the “wrong restaurant” next door. To her defense, that restaurant also serves Tapas.
A year later, I find myself extremely lucky to have her by my side. She’s my number 1 support. The amount of patience she has is unbelievable, and she’s been key to my training is so many aspects it is hard to describe. She’s been extremely supportive, to a point where she most certainly believes in me more than I believe in myself (and eventually it rubbed off on me, making me believe I can achieve some cool stuff in the sport). What a lady, and what a lucky man I am to have her! 

And she arrived in Zurich...


I picked her and Sam up at Zurich airport. After stopping by the apartment, we drove back to Zurich for dinner. Sam was kind enough to let us go on our anniversary date. She went on her own, wandering
around in the city and grabbing dinner. We kept it simple. I had gnocchi and she got delicious Roesti (I'd strongly recommend that you try it yourself. You can find the recipe here), a traditional Swiss dish. Nothing too fancy, and most likely not to the calibre of a 1st year anniversary dinner, but with the race being in two days, I could not veer off track too much, and decided to keep it low key. I know it probably wasn’t to Mariesa’s taste, but as usual, she accepted it without a single moaning or complaint. She got her glass of wine, but unlike when we go on a date, she opted not to have dessert. I think she said no to dessert so that I wouldn’t feel tempted to have one either. I’ve been imposing so much on her already, and having to do that wasn’t best, but I’ll promise to make up for it sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment