Saturday, June 28, 2014

Importance of Resting often overlooked..proof today

After a very long and stressful work week, I anticipated a difficult weekend of training. My weekend is split between work calls and training, and we all know too well that you need to be 100% focused on your training when prepping for an Ironman.

Last week I ran 105 minutes at an average of 6:58min/mile in zone 3. I felt great, composed, and able to do more.

Today I ran 120 minutes at an average of 7:19min/mile in zone 4. At first I thought the heat factor was impacting my performance, but quickly realized that I was comfortable with the heat. I quickly felt tired, and it clicked in my head: Maybe working until 2am on Thursday, and midnight on Friday did not help. I was not well rested and it showed.
The nutrition helped, but the performance was highly impacted by it.

Lesson learned. I discover new things every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment