Saturday, June 7, 2014

Eagleman is tomorrow!!

Rough day today on my way to Cambridge, MD for Eagleman. Though the drive down to MD went well, I still ended up spending 6+ hours in the car, getting a massive headache, and ultimately losing interest in doing the race.
It's interesting how small things can affect you, and how quickly one starts having negative thoughts about everything. I got to a point where I did not want to race anymore. I wanted to drive home as I did not see the point of doing the race anyway. I spent countless hours on the saddle, in the pool, or running in the parks for this race, yet on the day before the race I drove 400+ miles and get a headache.

Fortunately, I have the best support I can hope for. Mariesa turned this around, and after we finally got to the hotel, we headed to the transition area for a reconnaissance and a quick 20 min ride and swim. My partner in crime, BB, came along, and I think he enjoyed a nice swim in this 90F weather at 6pm! Boom! it sounds familiar, feels horrible...yup, we are at Eagleman. The run course is colloquially nicknamed "lava field", but I was told the water was 74F = Wetsuit everyone!

BB taking a plunge in the Choptank River, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment