Thursday, January 9, 2014

Relieved after the MRI results

The X-Rays of Monday morning did not reveal any bone anomalies. That did not do much to appease my worries and I asked to get a MRI done as most stress fracture are hard to identify on X-rays, but can be detected with a MRI.
I took the MRI on Tuesday morning and went to see the doc today for the results. Good news! the MRI did not show any bone fracture, but instead a mild Peroneal tendinitis. That's good! I can now put that behind me, get my foot back in order with the help of Josh (Clutch PT), and finally get started with my running.
I cannot wait to run on the hills of Prospect Park in Brooklyn on Saturday morning before watching the Seahawks school the Saints in the afternoon. Go Hawks!
I will continue to ice my foot, and focus a lot more on my calcium and vitamin D intake to strengthen my bones. Stretching will be huge as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment