Sunday, February 24, 2013

3 days in VT were much needed!

I haven't skied this winter yet, and after all these winters skiing 60+ days per season, not skiing once was just inconceivable! So Brad came to the rescue and offered to drive up to VT for the long weekend (President's day).

We skied at Killington on Saturday and went snowshoeing at Mt Ascutney, a desolated ski resort 1-hr from Brad's parents' cabin. I didn't anticipate Snowshoeing to be that much fun! We found an ice wall that we decided to climb. I think we can say that it was a (somewhat) success, but lots of laughter!

The icing on the cake was the food we cooked...and ate! I found Abondance Cheese at a farmer's markets! I couldn't contain my joy, and at a whopping $22/lb, we still bought a tiny little piece of it for $13! Well worth it in my opinion! I grew up in the Abondance region, and finding some of that cheese absolutely made the day! We cooked some serious dinner that night: French fries, Brussels Sprouts, broccolis, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and grilled some incredible local strip steaks! that was money!

Monday was a bit chilly, with temperatures in the low 10's, -30 Fahrenheit with the windshield! That didn't deter us from riding, though, and with the resort staff turning people away, that left us with almost the entire resort for ourselves! Pretty sweet!

in short, Great weekend for a ski trip in great company and with great food! I hope we'll make it to Tuckerman's this year! that'd be rad! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment