Thursday, June 12, 2014

Horrible Accident this morning

I received a text around 7 this morning: "Were you riding with Glenn this morning"

I wasn't, as I am still recovering from Eagleman, I decided against it. Glenn planned on going to State line.

The next text I received few seconds after that first one said: "what looks like Glenn's bike was in an accident, blood everywhere and ambulance too - person away"

That text gave me the chill. I immediately texted him, but no answer.

It hits you when you realize that one of your training buddy has been hit by a car while training, and that it is serious enough to be quickly sent to hospital. River Road (between Hoboken, NJ and the GW Bridge) is extremely dangerous for cyclists. I was hit by a car last October, 4 days before IM70.3 Miami, around the same spot where Glenn's accident happened today.

Glenn was involved in a bike accident while training for Ironman Canada. A car illegally made a U-turn and hit Glenn. Though his condition is unknown at this point, rumor has it that he T-boned the car and smashed a window. He was evacuated to the nearest Hospital where he was taken to the ICU to undergo MRIs, exams, and surgery.

Wishing the injuries he sustained are not life threatening, and that he'll have a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment