Thursday, June 12, 2014

An 84-yr-old lady lining up at 2014 Eagleman 70.3

Stunning! As I walked back to transition to make sure that everything was in order, I saw # 84 on a calf and was taken aback by it. I looked up, only to see this tiny lady, rushing to transition her wave start. She looked like a "normal triathlete" who's about to jump in the water to tackle the 1.2mile swim: a mix of stress, nervousness, and excitement. She had 5 min to spare before the gun went off, rushed to T, and made it back to the swim before her wave start.

I haven't checked to see if she finished the race or not, but given the conditions and the physical and mental challenge that Eagleman throws at its athletes, being at the start at 84 is already an accomplishment in itself. I'd be curious to know who she trained for it.

84-yrs old (lady) athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment