Sunday, May 19, 2013

1st AG and 4th OA at the Black Bear Triathlon-Half

I'm only 2 weeks until Eagleman, the race I have been training for the past 8 months! My preparation involved 1 open half marathon (PR at 1'22'53 - 20th overall) in Queens, NY, and 2 half ironman!

My first half ironman was in Bass River State Park on May 5th - the Bassman race - there I finished 7th overall and won my age group. It took me 4'26'48 to complete 1.2MS, 56MB, and 13.1MR! Very stoked about this result as it came as a surprise that I could race that fast...on a pancake flat course, though! 

My second Half Iron was in PA - the black Bear half ironman - despite the hilly course (bike and run) and inclement weather, I came out of T2 (bike to run) in 1st place, and managed to finish 4th overall and 1st in my age group. It took me 4'51'27 to finish it. Only 5 of us finished under the 5 hr mark! 
I can't wait for Eagleman, and now hope to stay injury-free until June 9th!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment